Visit our Website for more content: www.mmmrmag.com

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

How the Hunt for Relief Created a Brand

 


The MM Report recently interviewed the founder that tirelessly strives to bridge the gap of inconsistency and availability within the cannabis industry, Adel Manuel:

Tell us about the creation of chill, when it first came out, where it started, history prior to being a licensed product, ect?

“I started Chill Medicated in 2017. I was a caregiver before this and had made a lot of good connections in the Lansing market. There was a lot of competition within the marketplace that lacked significantly in quality products. I was frustrated with how I would get an amazing edible from someone and I would then go back and get it again and it would be under medicated or worse. I had patients asking for edibles and I couldn’t recommend anyone with confidence because dosing was so inconsistent. So I started making suckers for my patients and a dispensary in town found out and requested 1,000 suckers for a 420 celebration they had planned, which ended up being a huge success. 

Around the time I was launching the suckers, my mom ended up getting a terrible case of eczema on her hands. That got me motivated to make a rub to help her. I spent a few nights researching everything I could about oils and came up with a recipe. It knocked out my moms eczema in a couple days and I knew I was onto something big. I had a few patients try it for various chronic pain conditions and I continuously received amazing feedback. Soon, I began to receive requests for it from many individuals and, through trial and error and a couple formulations later... we have the rub recipe that’s in use now. 

I was lucky enough to have some really good help along the way and things kept getting bigger but we were able to keep the quality of our products consistent. To be lucky enough to be a part of this industry is something I have never taken for granted. It never got old to walk into a provisioning center and have them happy to see you. Being able to do something you are passionate about is something that not many people get the chance to do; making it that much easier to focus on quality and consistency.”

How did you develop the relationship with MEDfarms? When did Chill Medicated first start getting produced in a licensed processing center?

“My relationship with MEDfarms started in 2018 at their provisioning center in Bay City. I met a gentleman named Pun there and we quickly realized we did business in much the same way and quickly grew a mutual respect for each other. For about a year, I was putting feelers out in the cannabis community that I wanted to license my brand to a licensed processor. That June at the Cannabis Cup, he had approached me with some of the other MEDfarms partners and personnel and we started talking seriously. After a few months of back and forth negotiating, we signed a long term deal in late October and we had the product ready in METRC by January.”

How does this fine medical product respond to the Adult use market? As a prospective topical consumer, you may wonder, do topicals get you high?

“Chill Medicated rubs are perfect for the adult use market. Our topicals get rid of pain without getting you high. That is something so many people want and need. Not everyone wants to be high all day every day and for them to have a product they can use all day every day without getting high is something that has mass appeal. Our topicals are non-transdermal, meaning it does not absorb into the bloodstream; resulting in no psychoactive effects. This makes it an excellent product that you can use all day long while keeping your head clear and focused! What’s on the inside? That’s what really counts! Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Beeswax, Mango Butter, Grape Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Frankincense, Myrrh, Rosehip Oil, Lavender, Helichrysm, Camphor White, Premium Cannabis Oil, Pure CBD Isolate, and lots of Love. Our plant-based premium products are sourced, produced, and tested in Michigan.”

What is the plan for new chill products and the future of chill?

“We have some exciting things planned. We have some great scents coming to our Massage Oil line. We have a lip balm that is going to be on the market soon and we are in the final stages of launching a water soluble gummy line. Our gummies are fast-acting because they are water soluble, making accurate microdosing even easier for the consumer to dose accordingly. I am really excited to get both of these products out to market. We are also in the process of getting our suckers relaunched.

We are also launching a Holiday Topical that has cooling properties as it is infused with peppermint oils! We are very excited for this addition as we haven’t had a cooling topical before. This is a great item to consider exploring for a great gift!



As a brand, Chill Medicated has exciting plans to expand to other states. What I got going in Michigan, I want to do in other states but the focus is on controlled growth so that the quality of our products stays consistent. The biggest thing we have going for us is our reputation as quality medication and the worst thing we could do is grow to fast and lose that.”


Patient Testimonial:


“In 2017, I had gotten into a terrible car accident, resulting in several fractured vertebrae,
nerve damage, and many other unfortunate things. I couldn’t walk for a few months and later on I rehabilitated to be more mobile but I’ve never been the same since. To this day, I still deal with chronic pain, inflammation and migraines. While searching for a holistic approach to make my days more manageable, I came about Chill Medicated. I was speechless after the first time using it. While doing so, I noticed the topicals scar/acne reducing and skin soothing properties that it possesses nearly a week into using it. Needless to say, I put it nearly all over my entire body on a daily basis. This drove me to do my own homework on the brand, which led me to find CBD products that are doggie-friendly that I use for my beloved boomie boy! Showing love and compassion for both humans and furry friends is incredible! I am now using less-harsh pain medications and feeling more myself again and I can’t say that for any other company. I owe it to you, so a big thank you and shout out to the Chill Medicated team for bringing me this much closer to feeling happy again.”

-Nick