With this in mind, we have put together an out-of-this-world space cake recipe so that you can make your very own at home.
INGREDIENTS8 grams of cannabis bud, or the equivalent strength in either cuttings or hash.
1 3/4 cups of flour
1 cup of non-salted butter
1 cup of granulated sugar cup of milk
1 teaspoons of baking powder teaspoon of salt
Any other ingredients you want to improve the cake with, such as cocoa powder, vanilla extract, dried fruit, icing/frosting, buttercream, chocolate chips, or anything else – your imagination is your only limit.
A mixing bowl
Spatula or mixing spoon
A cake oven tin
Non-stick spray or lining paper
A small bowl
Optional: A wire rack
1. Grind up all your cannabis until it is consistent and small (the finer it is, the better).
2. Pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
3. Put your butter in a bowl and place it in the microwave for 20 seconds. You want it to melt into a gloopy, pasty consistency.
4. Mix your freshly ground up cannabis into the butter.
5. Add all of the sugar, flour, milk, cannabis butter, eggs, plus anything else you want to your mixing bowl. Mix everything together until you get a batter with a nice even consistency. This may take a few minutes, but it will ensure your cannabis is spread evenly as possible throughout the cake mix. Note: if the mix is a little bit too dry, add a splash of extra milk; if it is too wet, add some extra flour.
6. Grease your cake tin with non-stick spray, or line it with non-stick baking paper.
7. Carefully pour your cake batter into the tin, spreading it around so that it is evenly distributed.
8. Place your tin in the oven and leave for 25 minutes to bake.
9. After 25 minutes, stab the centre of the cake with a skewer. If it comes out clean, it is ready, if batter sticks to it, leave the cake in the oven for another 5 minutes.
10. Allow the cake to cool for about 20 minutes in the tin; then place it upside down on the wire rack and remove the tin, allowing it to cool for a further 30 minutes.
11. Once cooled, decorate the cake with anything you want.