Visit our Website for more content: www.mmmrmag.com

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Look Inside Metro Detroit's Largest Dispensary - by Joe Dauphinais

     Elite Detroit on Woodward is any cannaisseur’s dream come true. This amazing establishment boasts over 100 different types of flowers at any given time, not to mention the mind boggling choices of delicious edibles and juicy concentrates.

     My first impression of Elite came to me as I pulled into the fenced-in parking lot. Well-lit and patrolled by security, I was at ease knowing that I didn’t need to fear for my car as I shopped inside. After showing my credentials to the door security, I was welcomed into the main part of the store.

     Once in, I took a look around the showroom with mouth agape. I’ve seen quite a few dispensaries around Michigan, and this one is definitely near the top on my list. Taking in the tasteful decor and lighting, beautiful display cases, and impressive interior renovations, one can easily ascertain that the store owners spared no expense in making this dispensary a most pleasant and memorable place to shop. Once I got my bearings, I started to look in the display cases at all the wonderful treats they contained.


     From medicated cereal to pre-rolls the size of your arm, this place has you covered. Elite Detroit has a huge selection of rolling papers and smoking accessories. They have pipes for every smoker. From little one-hitters to top-end dab rigs, Elite Detroit has the right piece for you no matter what your budget may be. Plus, the sheer amount of concentrates available is enough to make even the most jaded of dabbers’ head spin.

     After browsing for a while, and with help from one of the super-friendly budtenders there, I decided on one of the house special strains, Larry Cali O.G., and these buds did not disappoint. After setting aside a gram for testing (the results of which can be found on page 7 of the January edition of MMM Report) my friend and I decided to roll a modest sized joint from the remainder. Once lit, the smell was unmistakably that of an O.G. - piney and crisp, with an immediate uplifted feeling. I can always tell a strong Kush by the way it makes the bridge of my nose sweat. We passed the number back and forth for a while and shot the breeze, and I have to admit, we both tapped out about two-thirds of the way through the doobie.

     My experience with Elite Detroit was more than satisfactory. With a great atmosphere and a meticulous attention to detail, you can really tell that they care about their patients. With incentives for first time patients, and new specials all the time, there is no reason to pass on this place. Stop by Elite Detroit next chance you get. I promise, you will not regret it.