Visit our Website for more content: www.mmmrmag.com

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Featured Artist: Angelea Marie Torralva


     Angelea Torralva is an aspiring artist in Michigan that we met this year at Hash Bash. After scoring the Four Fathers Painting that caught our eye, Angelea agreed to be featured in the MMM Report. Here is her in her own words:

     “My passion for art started when I was a little girl, about four years old when I was inspired at my older sisters elementary art show. Ever since then, I have been teaching myself how to draw. I would wake up extra early almost every day before school and watch pappyland to imitate his drawings. I took some classes in high school and also at Grand Rapids Community College that were most definitely beneficial, but I didn’t like the school aspect of art. I started selling paintings to my friends when I was about 20 years old of musicians such as Jerry Garcia, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, David Bowie, etc. These paintings started to shape my style as an artist.

     It wasn’t until I was 24 and about 3 months pregnant when I painted live for the first time at an event called Womp Romp in Muskegon, Michigan. The image to the left is the result of that night. My journey as a live artist is very special to me because it all started while my beautiful son was growing within me. About 3 months later is when I became the official live artist for Womp Romp events and started selling paintings like crazy. These events have shaped my work into a new style, and have given me confidence with a blank canvas.”